Bahama Christmas Parade (December 10th, 2022)
2022 Christmas Parade Line up (click here)
Registration for 2022 is now closed. Please check here September 15, 2023 for entry next year that will be December 9, 2023.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED
We are happy to announce that entries for the 2022 Bahama Christmas parade are now open! They will be open until December 1, 2022, at 11:59 pm or until the capacity (120 entries) is met. If capacity is met before December 1st you will be put on a waitlist and will be contacted as spots become available. The parade will be December 10, 2022.
Regarding the 2022 Bahama Christmas Parade
Please read as the rules have changed this year Thank You.
Due to the overwhelming success of the parade and the limited space available, we are forced to restrict the number of participants in the parade to the first 120 entries. Applications for participating entries will be accepted in writing. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. NO EXCEPTIONS! Others will be placed on a waiting list to be accepted in order received as cancellations occur.
The following rules will apply for the 2022 parade: (Please read all rules – you must agree to these as some have changed this year for the safety of all.) You will be expected to abide by these rules to particpate in the Bahama Christmas Parade.
1. ALL entries must have a Christmas related theme (if not Christmas related theme you will be pulled from the parade. Please no Santa suits.
2. Dirt bikes, ATV or four wheelers will not be allowed in the parade.
3. Each entry should provide its own candy. Parade participants are to use caution when throwing candy so no one gets hurt. Candy should be thrown towards the ground at the edge of the road, NOT DROPPED ON THE ROAD AND NOT THROWN DIRECTLY AT PEOPLE. Many children have been seen running into the road in front of parade participants to get candy that did not make it to the edge of the road. We want everyone to be safe! Disclaimer:The Bahama Ruritan Club is not responsible for injury or damage caused by any parade entry and/or participant.
4. Horse trailers are to be unloaded at the Bahama Ruritan Club and horses ridden to Country Knoll Rd. For more information on horses, please contact Ron Schoenfeld (Parade Chairman) at (919) 479-1800, all calls will be returned during evening hours.
5. Trophies will be given to HOMEMADE floats, awards will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
6. All drivers of floats or group coordinators will be required to maintain an appropriate distance between them and the entry in front of them of approximately 15 to 20 feet, NO STOPPING ALONG PARADE ROUTEfor dance routines, cheers or visiting. These activities can be done at the Ruritan after the parade and are not safe during the parade. Police Officers will be placed along the route to keep participants moving. All entries MUST keep up with entry ahead no more than 15 to 20 feet spacing.
7. Each entry will have a measured space in the lineup on Ball Road please limit vehicles to those in the parade ONLY. Floats need to be loaded and vehicles parked at the Little River Community Center before lineup. NO OTHER VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE STAGING AREA.
8. Please make sure no trash is left in staging area.
9. No smoking is allowed in line up area or along the parade route.10. For any questions or concerns please call Ron Schoenfeld at (919) 479-1800.
Line-up starts at 9:00 AM on Ball Rd.
Parade begins at Country Knoll Rd. and Bahama Rd.
Parade ends at the Bahama Ruritan Club
If you wish to have an entry in the parade, please complete this form
by December 1, 2022. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
This year, as in years past, we will be collecting canned food for the local food pantry. Fishes and Loaves. Collection bins will be located at the Bahama Ruritan Club building.
We are asking participants to bring canned foods or non-perishable food items.
All donations will go to help needy families in the Bahama community.
The Bahama Ruritan Club will graciously accept any
monetary donations to help pay for the cost of the parade.
Visit with Santa!
Bahama Day – 2022 Date UPDATED***
Bahama Day will be October 29, 2022 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm . During this event, there will be good entertainment, crafts, food, information and great fellowship. There are also performers on stage offering dance and song. Don’t forget to get your historical Bahama Day T-shirts.
Click on the vendor link below to sign up for your booth today!
We appreciate your donations and support to make this parade so successful!
If you will like to share your parade photographs to be added to our gallery please e-mail them to BahamaChristmasParade@gmail.com
November Stew Sale ***Update***
This Annual Supper will be back in 2022!!! The tradition has gone through some changes this year. At a drive thru on November 5, 2022 or by preorder, tickets available at Glenn Tire Sales, 5803 N Roxboro St, Durham. Also, check with a Bahama Ruritan or Bahama Volunteer Fireman for ticket availability.
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT BAHAMA DAY, OCTOBER 1, 2022!!!
We will have 800 quarts of Brunswick stew available for preorder tickets. The remainder of the stew will be sold at the drive thru at the Bahama Ruritan or at Glenn Tire on November 5th from 4pm until we are sold out.
The Bahama Fire Department and Ruritan Club partner to bring to you the best stew of the year. These are organizations committed to serving the community and stop by and pick up some stew before it is gone.