November Stew Sale ***Update***
This Annual Supper will be back in 2021!!! The tradition has gone through some changes this year. At a drive thru on November 6, 2021 or by preorder, tickets available at Glenn Tire Sales, 5803 N Roxboro St, Durham. Also, check with a Bahama Ruritan or Bahama Volunteer Fireman for ticket availability.
We will have 800 quarts of Brunswick stew available for preorder tickets. The remainder of the stew will be sold at the drive thru at the Bahama Ruritan or at Glenn Tire on November 6th from 4pm until we are sold out.
The Bahama Fire Department and Ruritan Club partner to bring to you the best stew of the year. These are organizations committed to serving the community and stop by and pick up some stew before it is gone.
Bahama Christmas Parade (December 11th, 2021) and Visit by Santa (December 4th, 2021)
We are happy to announce that entries for the 2021 Bahama Christmas parade are now open! They will be open until December 1, 2021, at 11:59 pm or until the capacity (120 entries) is met. If capacity is met before December 1st you will be put on a waitlist and will be contacted as spots become available. The parade will be December 11, 2021.
Line-up starts at 9:00 AM on Ball Rd.
Parade begins at Country Knoll Rd. and Bahama Rd. The parade ends at the Bahama Ruritan Club
If you wish to have an entry in the parade, please complete this form by December 1, 2021. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
This year, we are doing a can food drive in conjunction with the parade.
We are asking participants to bring canned foods or non-perishable food items.
All donations will go to help needy families in the Bahama community.
The Bahama Ruritan Club will graciously accept any monetary donations to help pay for the cost of the parade.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED BY DECEMBER 1st, 2021 11:59pm
Regarding the 2021 Bahama Christmas Parade
Due to the overwhelming success of the parade and the limited space available, we are forced to restrict the number of participants in the parade to the first 120 entries. Applications for participating entries will be accepted in writing. This will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. NO EXCEPTIONS! Others will be placed on a waiting list to be accepted in order of receipt as cancellations occur
The following rules will apply for the 2021 parade: (Please read all rules – you must agree to these as some have changed this year for the safety of all.)
- ALL entries should have a Christmas-related theme (if not Christmas related theme you will be pulled from the parade. Please no Santa suits.
- Dirt bikes and four-wheelers / ATVs will not be allowed in the parade.
- Each entry should provide its own candy. Parade participants should use caution when throwing candy so no one gets hurt. Candy should be thrown towards the ground at the edge, NOT DROPPED ON THE ROAD, AND NOT THROWN DIRECTLY AT PEOPLE. Many children were trying to run into the road to get candy that did not make it to the edge of the road. We want everyone to be safe! The Bahama Ruritan Club is not responsible for injury or damage caused by any parade entry and/or participant.
- Horse trailers are to be unloaded at the Bahama Ruritan Club and horses ridden to Country Knoll Rd. For more information on horses, please contact Ron at (919) 479-1800 – (I work all day so I will get back to you as soon as I can)
- Trophies will be given to HOMEMADE floats, judged 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- All drivers of floats or group coordinators will be required to maintain an appropriate distance between them and the entry in front of them of approximately 15 to 20 feet, NO STOPPING ALONG PARADE ROUTE for dances – cheers – or other. MUST keep up with entry ahead no more than 15 to 20 feet spacing.
- Since each float will have a measured space in the lineup on Ball Road please limit vehicles to those in the parade ONLY. Floats can be loaded and vehicles parked at the Little River Community Center before the lineup. NO OTHER VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE STAGING AREA.
- Please make sure no trash is left in the staging area.
- Please refrain from smoking in line-up area and while on the parade route.
We appreciate your donations and support to make this parade so successful!
If you will like to share your parade photographs to be added to our gallery please e-mail them to BahamaChristmasParade@gmail.com
Bahama Day will be October 2, 2021. During this event, there are many vendors and organizations present to sell their products or help create awareness. Food, of course, is always a big part of what we do. There are also performers on stage offering dance and song. Don’t forget to get your historical Bahama Day T-shirts. Click on the vendor link to sign up for your booth today!
Bahama Business Expo
Our 1st Annual Bahama Business Expo is scheduled for April 25, 2020 from 9AM – 12PM at The Bahama Ruritan Club. All businesses who reside in or serve Bahama and neighboring communities are welcome. Please contact Nancy Williams at email@example.com or (919) 943-5577 for more information. This is event is to promote awareness of businesses in our community and will also provide an opportunity for business networking. We invite the community to come out to know your business services and what is available right here in Bahama. Download an application.