Upcoming events 2023 (click here for ALL upcoming events)
|1st Tuesday of the Month||Ruritan Board Meeting|
|2nd Tuesday of the Month||Club Meeting|
|April 15th||Lewis Robert’s Scholarship deadline|
|November 11, 2023||Stew and BBQ – Drive thru or Dine in|
|December 2, 2023||Bahama Christmas Parade (registration is now open!)|
|December 9, 2023||Breakfast with Santa|
Bahama Christmas Parade (December 2th, 2023) DATE CHANGED
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED
Direct all questions about the parade to Lindsay Tilley (919) 302-5883
We are happy to announce that entries for the 2023 Bahama Christmas parade are now open! Entries will be accepted until November 25, 2023, at 11:59 pm or until the capacity (120 entries) is met. If capacity is met before NOVEMBER 25TH you will be put on a waitlist and will be contacted as spots become available. The parade will be December 9, 2023.
Regarding the 2023 Bahama Christmas Parade
Please read as the rules have changed this year Thank You.
Due to the overwhelming success of the parade and the limited space available, we are forced to restrict the number of participants in the parade to the first 120 entries. Applications for participating entries will be accepted in writing. This will be on a first come, first serve basis. NO EXCEPTIONS! Others will be placed on a waiting list to be accepted in order received as cancellations occur.
The following rules will apply for the 2023 parade: (Please read all rules – you must agree to these as some have changed this year for the safety of all.) You will be expected to abide by these rules to particpate in the Bahama Christmas Parade.
1. ALL entries must have a Christmas related theme (if there are no Christmas related decorations you will be pulled from the parade. Please no Santa suits.
2. Dirt bikes, ATV or four wheelers will not be allowed in the parade.
3. Each entry should provide its own candy. Parade participants are to use caution when throwing candy so no one gets hurt. Candy should be thrown towards the ground at the edge of the road, NOT DROPPED ON THE ROAD AND NOT THROWN DIRECTLY AT PEOPLE. Many children have been seen running into the road in front of parade participants to get candy that did not make it to the edge of the road. We want everyone to be safe! Disclaimer:The Bahama Ruritan Club is not responsible for injury or damage caused by any parade entry and/or participant.
4. Horse trailers are to be unloaded at the Bahama Ruritan Club and horses ridden to Country Knoll Rd. For more information on horses, please contact Ron Schoenfeld (Parade Chairman) at (919) 479-1800, all calls will be returned during evening hours.
5. Trophies will be given to HOMEMADE floats, awards will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
6. All drivers of floats or group coordinators will be required to maintain an appropriate distance between them and the entry in front of them of approximately 15 to 20 feet, NO STOPPING ALONG PARADE ROUTEfor dance routines, cheers or visiting. These activities can be done at the Ruritan after the parade and are not safe during the parade. Police Officers will be placed along the route to keep participants moving. All entries MUST keep up with entry ahead no more than 15 to 20 feet spacing.
7. Each entry will have a measured space in the lineup on Ball Road please limit vehicles to those in the parade ONLY. Floats need to be loaded and vehicles parked at the Little River Community Center before lineup. NO OTHER VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE STAGING AREA.
8. Please make sure no trash is left in staging area.
9. No smoking is allowed in line up area or along the parade route.10.
For questions please email BahamaChristmasParade@gmail.com
Line-up starts at 9:00 AM on Ball Rd.
Parade begins at Country Knoll Rd. and Bahama Rd.
Parade ends at the Bahama Ruritan Club
If you wish to have an entry in the parade, please complete this form
by December 1, 2023. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DATE.
This year, as in years past, we will be collecting canned food for the local food pantry. Fishes and Loaves. Collection bins will be located at the Bahama Ruritan Club building.
We are asking participants to bring canned foods or non-perishable food items.
All donations will go to help needy families in the Bahama community.
The Bahama Ruritan Club will graciously accept any
monetary donations to help pay for the cost of the parade.
If you will like to share your parade photographs to be added to our gallery please e-mail them to BahamaChristmasParade@gmail.com
November Stew Sale
This Annual Supper will be back in 2023!!! Dine in our Drive thru!
Bahama Day – October 28, 2023 – Watch here for more informaiton
Bahama Day will be October 28, 2023 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm . During this event, there will be good entertainment, crafts, food, information and great fellowship. There are also performers on stage offering dance and song. Don’t forget to get your historical Bahama Day T-shirts.
Registration is now open! Check here for entry to the December 2, 2023 parade.