BAHAMA RURITAN CLUB
The first Ruritan Club was started in 1928 in Holland Virginia. Now, the Ruritan has grown to become "America's Leading Community Service Organization."
The Ruritan Mission: Ruritan is a national organization dedicated to improving communities and building a better America through Fellowship, Goodwill, and Community Service.
The Bahama local chapter of Ruritan tries to access the needs of our community within and surrounding Bahama to offer assistance through fellowship, goodwill and service.
We want to be made aware of real needs we can address in our community. Communication is key.
- Drawing will be at the end of each quarter that the contest is in effect
- New members must be full, associate or youth
- One member earns you one chance. Two members get 1 + 2 chances. Three members get 1 + 2 + 3 chances and so on.
- If the new member is at least five years younger than you, earn five extra chances (provide dates of birth for both of you)
- 3 winners each quarter drawn at random after all the extra chances are calculated: $200, $400, and $600
The ANNUAL LEWIS ROBERTS SCHOLARSHIP
Congratulations to Carter Hall 2019 Recipient
The Bahama Ruritan Club is proud to sponsor the Annual Lewis Roberts Scholarship. This Scholarship was established in 1986 to honor Mr. Roberts' membership in the Bahama Ruritan Club, his long and faithful service to the Bahama Community, and to help educate others in the value of a Ruritan Club in a community.
This Scholarship may be provided to an eligible Applicant for use at an Institution of Higher Learning, such as a University or College, a Technical Institute or College, a Business College, or a School of Nursing.
Applications may be submitted based on the following requirements:
- Applicants are required to be in their Senior Year of High School.
- Applicants are required to live within a 5 mile radius of the Bahama Ruritan Club building in Bahama, NC.
- Applicants should have respectable academic performance.
- Applicants should have financial need for the Scholarship.
- Applicant are required to complete the attached application.
- Applicants are required to write a 200- 250 word essay on “The Value of a Ruritan Club in a Community
- Please submit the application and essay to the following address:
Lewis Roberts Scholarship Committee
Attention: Kammy Law, Scholarship Chairperson
8. The application and essay are due by April 30, 2020.
9. The selected applicant will be notified by June 5, 2020 and the scholarship will be awarded on June 11, 2020 at the monthly meeting of the Bahama Ruritan members.
Please submit any quesitons about Scholarship or the Application to Kammy Law at Kammylaw@aol.com
The Bahama Ruritan Club is proud to announce its 4th Annual Business Expo!
Saturday, April 25
9 AM to Noon
Free and Open to the public
Come meet local business owners for future service needs. Ever need a local plumber? HVA repair? Vet? Painter? Travel Agent? Insurance? Auto Repair? Handyman? Contractor? Landscaper?
Meet them and many more.
Special offers, giveaways, and prizes for attendees. Grand prize is a basket full of restaurant gift cards!
Free Breakfast, compliments of Chick Fil A, will be served to everyone!
Bahama Ruritan Club, 8202 Stagville Rd, Bahama, NC
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
Join Bahama's chapter of the Ruritans and enjoy fellowship and service. Don't wait. Do it today.
The Bahama Ruritans support the local community through service, donations, scholarships, and serving as active patrons. People serve in different ways. If you are unable to join us, you can make a donation here.
In an effort to support and collaborate with our local community, we have created a community calendar available to ALL. Please make your submissions clear.
Still want to know more? Please click here to discover more information about the Bahama Ruritans and how we serve our community.