BAHAMA RURITAN CLUB
The first Ruritan Club was started in 1928 in Holland Virginia. Now, the Ruritan has grown to become "America's Leading Community Service Organization."
The Ruritan Mission: Ruritan is a national organization dedicated to improving communities and building a better America through Fellowship, Goodwill, and Community Service.
The Bahama local chapter of Ruritan tries to access the needs of our community within and surrounding Bahama to offer assistance through fellowship, goodwill and service.
We want to be made aware of real needs we can address in our community. Communication is key.
Included in the magazine is information about the Ruritan National 2024 Convention.
Conveniently located in the heart of North Carolina, Winston-Salem makes it our business to support
local businesses. Named a Forbes’ Top 10 Best Downtown and a South’s Best Cities on the Rise
by Southern Living, Winston-Salem has invested more than $2 billion in downtown convention space,
entrepreneurial corridors and public art projects. The result is a vibrant, walkable city that can’t help but
attract the next generation of business leaders, entrepreneurs and visitors. Come see for yourself. And
discover why Winston-Salem will have you looking forward to traveling back.
The ANNUAL LEWIS ROBERTS SCHOLARSHIP
Congratulations to all our past recipients!
The Bahama Ruritan Club is proud to sponsor the Annual Lewis Roberts Scholarship. This Scholarship was established in 1986 to honor Mr. Roberts’ membership in the Bahama Ruritan Club, his long and faithful service to the Bahama Community, and to help educate others in the value of a Ruritan Club in a community.
This Scholarship may be provided to an eligible Applicant for use at an Institution of Higher Learning, such as a university or college, a Technical Institute or College, a Business College, or a School of Nursing.
Applications may be submitted based on the following requirements:
- Applicants are required to be in their Senior Year of High School.
- Applicants are required to live within a 5-mile radius of the Bahama Ruritan Club building in Bahama, NC.
- Applicants should have respectable academic performance.
- Applicants should have financial need for the Scholarship.
- Applicants are required to complete the attached application.
- Applicants are required to write a 200- 250-word essay on “The Value of a Ruritan Club in a Community
- Please submit the application and essay to the following address:
Lewis Roberts Scholarship Committee
Attention: Lewis Roberts Scholarship Chairperson
- The application and essay are due by April 30.
- The selected applicant will be notified by June 5. and the scholarship will be awarded in June at the monthly meeting of the Bahama Ruritan members.
Please submit any questions about Scholarship or the Application BahamaRuritan@gmail.com
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
Join Bahama's chapter of the Ruritans and enjoy fellowship and service. Don't wait. Do it today.
The Bahama Ruritans support the local community through service, donations, scholarships, and serving as active patrons. People serve in different ways. If you are unable to join us, you can make a donation here.
In an effort to support and collaborate with our local community, we have created a community calendar available to ALL. Please make your submissions clear.
Still want to know more? Please click here to discover more information about the Bahama Ruritans and how we serve our community.